We’re slowly emerging from our Covid-19 hibernation. Archery practice has resumed. Fencing practice will start again on May 16. Both are following Atlantia’s Covid Requirements.
Atlantia’s next University event will be June 12, entirely online with 134 different classes over 7 hours. Check out the catalog and register for classes at https://university.atlantia.sca.org/.
Our May business meeting is at 6:30pm on May 20 on our Discord channel.
We’re continuing our weekly A&S and monthly business meetings online as well as teaching and taking lots of classes at various online university settings. As the Covid situation improves we will gradually start having in person, outdoor, practices and eventually fully reopen. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and track the Kingdom status and policy here.
The national Board of Directors extended the in-person event closure due to Covid until at least May 31, 2021: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2020-12-04-Resolution-Continuation-Letter.pdf
Our virtual meetings continue for our weekly A&S classes and monthly business meetings. As conditions permit we may start small local practices following local government instructions and Kingdom policy.
Atlantia’s Kingdom Seneschal has released guidelines and procedures for reopening and having in-person activities again. Our first resumed activity is target archery. This will include maintaining social distance, the wearing of masks, answering a health questionnaire and signing a contact tracing sheet.
The SCA’s Board of Directors announced that due to the Covid-19 situation in the United States, all in-person events are canceled until at least Feb 1, 2021. It is possible that smaller activities like fighter practice and A&S meetings will be allowed to start before that date based on more local government requirements and local infection rates.
Tir-y-Don will continue our weekly online A&S meetings and monthly business meetings and will monitor local conditions and consult with our Kingdom officers to determine when small local activities can start to resume. A plan from the Kingdom Seneschal on reopening metrics and procedures is in the draft stage and should be released shortly.
Due to guidance from the modern authorities and our SCA Kingdom Seneschal, we are still working entirely virtually, but there is hope that we can start to resume small gatherings in the not completely distant future. Stay Tuned!
Meanwhile, all of our activities are taking place online with weekly A&S classes and monthly business meetings. We have updated the A&S schedule through June and are looking for more cool classes for the rest of the summer.
Also, this Saturday, June 13th, is the first Virtual Atlantian University. I hope you have signed up for classes and will join us there.
Due to Virginia Governor Northam’s stay-at-home executive order for Virginia, all in-person SCA activities within the Barony are cancelled for the duration of the order. The Barony has moved to online A&S and business meetings. Check our facebook group or the A&S page here for more details. (Text of Governor’s Order)
Due to the continuing Covid-19 problem, we have decided to cancel our Baronial Birthday event on April 18. We hope to reschedule it at some point in the future once events resume.
Due to the Corona virus recommendations, in person A&S nights are canceled until further notice. Instead, we will be doing online classes at the same day and time using the Baronial Discord channel.If you are scheduled to teach, can you please contact Kaleeb and let her know if you are willing and able to teach online or if your class needs to be postponed until it can be done in person. She will adjust the schedule so that we have as full a slate as possible of discord classes until we can resume in person. An updated class schedule will be posted when available.
For now, please see the Discord channel discussion topic on our Facebook page and try to set up your account and join the Baronial channel. We will also be using that channel for the Baronial business meeting. One of the topics at the meeting will be making the determination on canceling our April 18 event.
Our next event is April 18, more than a month from the date of this posting, and things are changing hourly. For the moment, we’re still planning on holding the event as scheduled but will make a final determination around April 1 based on the situation at that point. We are carefully watching the Covid-19 news and guidance from the government and our SCA higher-ups. If you would like a refund please contact our reservationist listed on the event page.
Other Baronial activities – practices and A&S nights – will probably follow the lead of our local school systems. We’re working on setting up a Discord channel for possible virtual meetings and classes if we need to use it. Please join the Campfire discussion group on Facebook for the latest news on the activities front.